10 Things to Ask a Cross-Country Moving Company
One of the most important things on your to-do list when you move a long distance is to find the best cross-country moving company that also fits your budget. If you do not hire a reputable cross country moving company, it could end up costing you more time, stress and money in the long run. Take good care of your family by taking the time to thoroughly research the background of any company you plan to hire. Having a list of questions that you ask every cross-country moving company will help you in your side-by-side comparison.
10 Questions for a Cross-Country Moving Company:
1. Is the company a licensed business and registered with the Department of Transportation?
2. Is the company and all its employees insured, and are the workers bonded?
3. Will the company be hiring subcontractors for any part of your move? If so, what standards must those subcontractors meet?
4. Does the company own its own vehicles?
5. How many people will be assigned to your move on moving out and moving in day?
6. Will the same team that loads your belongings be unloading them?
7. How long has the cross-country moving company been in business?
8. Does the company have a list of references available?
9. Will your shipment be transported with other shipments? If so, how does the company assure the shipments do not get mixed up?
10. What actions will incur additional costs beyond what is given in the estimate?