November 21, 2014
Don't Let Your Move Ruin Thanksgiving
Getting ready to move at Thanksgiving? We know that packing and moving at Thanksgiving can be tough. It takes time to unpack everything you need, and maybe you are farther from friends and family than you would like. But your Thanksgiving doesn't have to be put on the back burner (pun intended). You can still have a great Thanksgiving holiday with these handy tips:
- Go simple: Your family will forgive you if you put down the Martha Stewart cookbooks this year and go simple. There is nothing wrong with store-bought pies or canned vegetables if it will make your dinner easier. Leave the corn shucking for next year!
- Ask for help: If you have people coming to your home for dinner, don't be afraid to ask them to bring something that you don't have time to prepare. It’s traditional for guests to bring a dish, so go ahead and scratch a few items off your to-do list.
- Know who to call: Preparing Thanksgiving on the fly is hard enough, but if problems arise in the kitchen, it can be downright disastrous. The USDA's Meat and Poultry Hot Line (1-888-674-6854) will be available to help with turkey trouble and food safety questions from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- Treat yourself: And if you really don’t feel like digging out your pots and pans or playing hostess, treat your family to a meal out. Many fine-dining establishments open on Thanksgiving with special holiday menus. Check online to see what’s open near you!
read the full article
November 14, 2014
How to Find the Perfect House for You
Finding a house that is perfect for you is no easy task! There are so many factors that go into finding the perfect home that it can be overwhelming when you start searching. The number one way to take the stress out of home shopping is to make a plan. Take a look at a few factors you should consider when you start looking for a new home.
And for fun, be sure to stop by our Facebook page and try out our interactive quiz to determine what type of home is your “perfect home.” Is it a mountain home? An apartment in a big, bustling city? Take the quiz to find out!
- Living space: The first step in finding the perfect house is determining how big of a home you will need. Are you planning to expand your family, or will your kids be out of the house soon? Will you need to provide housing for an aging parent? Think ahead based on how long you plan to live in your new house. Those are your starting parameters. Other factors to consider: Are stairs okay? Do you want a yard? Do you need a basement?
- Location, location, location: If you are moving for work, your choices of location may be limited. If not, you will need to determine what type of area you’d like to live in. Busy and crowded? Quiet with more space and acreage? Do you want to have easy access to restaurants, shopping, entertainment and public transportation, or would you rather stay on the outskirts of the city? Be sure to visit different neighborhoods to get a feel for them. Websites like Zillow.com make it easy to receive alerts when new homes in your selected regions come on the market.
- Budget: Perhaps one of the biggest factors of choosing a home is your available budget. How much can you spend on a home and how much can you spend on repairs or needed maintenance on a new home? Don’t forget to factor in moving and travel costs. Once you decide on your maximum budget, your search for homes will become more manageable.
By creating a plan of the features you are looking for, the neighborhoods you would like to live in and the amount of money you are willing to spend, finding the perfect house will be easy!
read the full article
October 29, 2014
PACK RAT Promo Code Can Help Save Money on Your Move
Moving coupons and discounts are everywhere these days. If you recently sold your house, you have probably already received several moving coupons from moving companies in the mail. And if you hop online and do a search for "moving promo code" or "PACK-RAT promo code," you'll be directed to all sorts of coupon portals. It doesn't take much time to find deals, especially online.
However, choosing 1-800-PACK-RAT means not having to rely on a promo code to get a great deal on your move. We stay competitive with our pricing and always help our customers find the lowest available price. If you are moving long-distance, you can save money by being flexible with your move dates or your method of transport.
Your first step is to get a free online quote or call 1-800-722-5728 to speak with one of our move specialists. With 1-800-PACK-RAT you always get great customer service and a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee -- no promo code required.
read the full article