||Unpack and Enjoy the Outdoors!It's time to break out the flip flops and sunscreen!Well, maybe not quite yet. Your friends at |
1-800-PACK-RATare just getting excited because temperatures in the Southeast near Headquarters are starting to warm up.According to the calendar, spring arrived on March 20, but we know it's still cold in many parts of the country. Still, this is a great time to get ready for the sunny days that lie ahead. Check out our tips for unpacking the outdoor furniture and tools you stored over the winter, so you'll be ready when the sun pops out where you live. Furniture
- If your outdoor furniture is made of wood, use a mild cleaner, like an oil soap, to wipe off any dust that accumulated while it was in your PACK-RAT storage unit. Since outdoor furniture can be made from many different kinds of wood, including pine, cedar, redwood, and teak, check with the manufacturer, or read the labels on cleaning products, before applying them.
- After cleaning, let your furniture dry thoroughly. Then you can protect it with a varnish, which lets the attractive grain of wood show through; paint; or a waterproof sealant.
- If you're taking wrought iron furniture out of your PACK-RAT storage container, wash it with a hose or wipe it with damp cloths. Again, let it dry completely before you sand off any rusty spots and repaint with rustproof paint.
- Need replacement parts for an outdoor glider or swing? This is a good time to order what you need to make repairs.
- Poly-resin outdoor furniture is really easy to unpack and clean. Hose it off or wipe it down and it's good to go. Because it's made of nonporous plastic, the color lasts a long time.
- If you need new cushions for your outdoor chairs or benches, shop for replacements or re-cover them with special sun-resistant fabrics.
- Planning a garden this year? After you unpack your tools, have your lawn mower serviced and the blade sharpened.
- Clean hand tools with a mild solution of soap and water, and let them dry completely. Then sharpen the blades on your hand tools as needed.
When you've finished, be sure to sit down in your favorite outdoor chair and relax. Take a break. You've earned it! 1-800-PACK-RAT is here to help with all of your moving and storing needs, not just in the spring, but year-round. Give us a call today or join us online.
THE 1-800-PACK-RAT COMMUNITY & SHOUT-OUTS
WTG PackRat! Got a quote from PODS, and Pack Rat BEAT (not just MATCHED) the price! PLUS--they offer $25K in damage coverage, not just $10K, and gave me a free moving kit of boxes, bubble wrap, moving blankets.... My internet search paid off. THANKS CIRO! ~ Ron V. via Facebook
Your company, people, employees, workers, team members, however they are referred, was perfect. Thanks again and as much as I never want to move again it's nice to know my family and I can count on PACKRAT to be there. ~ Andrew L. via Email
I Love Pack Rat they are amazing! ~ Carla J. via Facebook
Whether you join us on Facebook, Twitter, newsletter or email, 1-800-PACK-RAT community membership is fun AND valuable. You can nab discounts, specials, participate in trivia (March Madness trivia is going on now) and more! Take a moment and be a part of our online community, over 36K strong and growing. We hope to see you there.