October 3, 2014
Why Use a Storage Unit for Your Move?
1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage units are the perfect way to complete a DIY move on a budget. Using our secure storage containers will help you save money during your local or cross-country move while freeing yourself from the stress and responsibility that comes along with renting a moving truck.
Check out our top four reasons why you should use 1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage unit for your next move:
- Security: Any time you use self-storage, security should be a top priority. Our moving containers’ steel construction and lockable doors deter thieves and vandals. Our storage buildings have 24/7 video surveillance and secure warehouse doors.
- Easy: Our storage units are low to the ground to make the moving and storage process as easy as possible. You will also find corrugated cut-outs specifically designed to secure straps, bungees and netted strapping to help you keep your belongings secure during transport and storage.
- Time: The rental time for our portable storage unit is much longer than the typical moving truck rental. This means you can move on your time and not on a truck rental company’s time.
- Stress-free: When you use a 1-800-PACK-RAT portable storage unit, we take on the responsibility of transporting your belongings where they need to go – giving you the time to take care of other important things during your move.
If you have any questions about our portable storage units and how the process works—give us a call at 1-800-PACK-RAT to speak with one of our moving experts.
read the full article
June 20, 2014
A Closer Look at a 1-800-PACK-RAT Container
Will you need storage or moving services soon? Here is a closer look at what makes 1-800-PACK-RAT the simplest way to store or move your stuff.
- Multiple sizes: We offer multiple sizes of our easy-to-use storage containers so that you can choose what best fits your needs. Our 12-ft. container typically holds 1-2 rooms, about the same size as a 10’ x 10’ storage facility room, and our 16-ft. container typically holds 3-4 rooms, about the same size as a 10’ x 15’ storage facility room.
- Safe and secure: All of our portable storage units are constructed of steel and only YOU have the key to your container whether it is on our property, in route or located in one of our storage facilities. A durable, no-cut lock is provided with every long-distance move.
- Weatherproof container: No matter what season or where your container is located it will always stay protected. We do not use wood in our containers; our metal construction prevents absorption of moisture into the storage unit and your stuff.
- No driving: Moving is already a lot of work, but at 1-800-PACK-RAT we do the transporting for you. We deliver your PACK-RAT storage unit, you do the packing and then we pick up your unit and deliver it to your new home or temporarily store it at one of our secure storage facilities.
- Stays balanced: Our loading mechanism keeps your container level when being picked up and delivered for transport, which minimizes shifting and subsequent damage to your belongings. In addition, our storage units are equipped with corrugated cutouts specifically designed to secure straps, bungees and netted strapping to help you keep your belongings secure during transport and storage.
- Low to the ground: Our PACK-RAT units are designed to make packing, loading and unloading simple. There are no truck ramps to climb or wheel wells and cabs to pack around.
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee: We are so confident in our service that we have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee! Whether you need short- or long-term storage, we at PACK-RAT believe we will live up to your highest expectations.
read the full article
March 28, 2014
Ways to Use Portable Storage This Spring
1-800-PACK-RAT portable storage units are often used when relocating to another city because they are so easy to use. You can pack your things at your own pace and when you are ready – it will be delivered to your new location. Simple and easy! But moving is not the only reason why you may need to use a portable storage unit. Check out these 4 ways you could use a 1-800-PACK-RAT storage unit this spring. Remember, if you need a portable storage unit, stop by 1800PACKRAT.com to check out our current deals and offers.
4 Ways to Use Portable Storage
1. Selling your home! If you are trying to sell your home, you want to make sure the home is as clean as possible. You don't want the potential buyer to be distracted by clutter and other unnecessary items. A portable storage unit will allow you to keep your belongings nearby, but out of the way.
2. Remodeling your home! Home renovations can get messy. Tools, tarps, paint and other needed items take up a lot of space. Not to mention the risk of damaging furniture and other belongings if you leave them in the way. Use a portable storage unit to keep your things safe while you work on your home.
3. Major repairs! Sometimes, things happen that we cannot predict. Things like a fire or flooding can certainly throw a wrench in things. You can use a portable storage unit to store your undamaged belongings while your home is being repaired.
4. Get rid of clutter! Another great reason to use a storage unit is to increase the living space in your home. Most people have items taking up space that they do not use, but do not want to get rid of. Use a storage unit to store these items until you find another place for them.
read the full article