October 3, 2014
Why Use a Storage Unit for Your Move?
1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage units are the perfect way to complete a DIY move on a budget. Using our secure storage containers will help you save money during your local or cross-country move while freeing yourself from the stress and responsibility that comes along with renting a moving truck.
Check out our top four reasons why you should use 1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage unit for your next move:
- Security: Any time you use self-storage, security should be a top priority. Our moving containers’ steel construction and lockable doors deter thieves and vandals. Our storage buildings have 24/7 video surveillance and secure warehouse doors.
- Easy: Our storage units are low to the ground to make the moving and storage process as easy as possible. You will also find corrugated cut-outs specifically designed to secure straps, bungees and netted strapping to help you keep your belongings secure during transport and storage.
- Time: The rental time for our portable storage unit is much longer than the typical moving truck rental. This means you can move on your time and not on a truck rental company’s time.
- Stress-free: When you use a 1-800-PACK-RAT portable storage unit, we take on the responsibility of transporting your belongings where they need to go – giving you the time to take care of other important things during your move.
If you have any questions about our portable storage units and how the process works—give us a call at 1-800-PACK-RAT to speak with one of our moving experts.
read the full article
September 6, 2014
Portable Storage Units for Military Moving
When you are in the military, you become very good at moving. Most families make a permanent change of station (PCS) every 2 to 3 years, depending upon their branch of service and specialty. And storage and moving seem to go hand in hand with military moving.
If you take an overseas assignment, you may need to store furniture and other belongings that either might not survive a long trip or will not fit into your new living space. Taking a remote assignment is another common reason to use portable storage. Your maximum allowable weight limit for household goods may require that you store a great deal of belongings stateside. Regardless of the reason, portable storage units offer military families a convenient and stress-free solution for storage and moving.
You can utilize portable storage units for both your storage and moving needs if you are doing a DITY move or Personally Procured Move (PPM). Portable storage units allow you to save some money while still leaving the driving to someone else. Or, if the government is handling your move or you are using a full-service moving company for your actual move, you can utilize portable storage units for only the belongings you wish to put in storage.
1-800-PACK-RAT storage units are delivered to your curb, driveway or parking lot, and you can take your time loading your belongings. They are weatherproof, secure and easy to load and pack. Once you have loaded everything, 1-800-PACK-RAT will pick them up and transport them for you. Your portable storage units will be placed in the secure storage facility just as you packed them and can stay there as long as you need.
No matter how you handle your military move, if you need temporary storage, there is no better choice than using portable storage units. The convenience offered by portable storage units gives military families and individuals a stress-free solution at a time when there is enough stress in their lives.
Members of the military always receive a discount for their moving and storage needs. Get a free, online moving quote today.
read the full article
June 20, 2014
A Closer Look at a 1-800-PACK-RAT Container
Will you need storage or moving services soon? Here is a closer look at what makes 1-800-PACK-RAT the simplest way to store or move your stuff.
- Multiple sizes: We offer multiple sizes of our easy-to-use storage containers so that you can choose what best fits your needs. Our 12-ft. container typically holds 1-2 rooms, about the same size as a 10’ x 10’ storage facility room, and our 16-ft. container typically holds 3-4 rooms, about the same size as a 10’ x 15’ storage facility room.
- Safe and secure: All of our portable storage units are constructed of steel and only YOU have the key to your container whether it is on our property, in route or located in one of our storage facilities. A durable, no-cut lock is provided with every long-distance move.
- Weatherproof container: No matter what season or where your container is located it will always stay protected. We do not use wood in our containers; our metal construction prevents absorption of moisture into the storage unit and your stuff.
- No driving: Moving is already a lot of work, but at 1-800-PACK-RAT we do the transporting for you. We deliver your PACK-RAT storage unit, you do the packing and then we pick up your unit and deliver it to your new home or temporarily store it at one of our secure storage facilities.
- Stays balanced: Our loading mechanism keeps your container level when being picked up and delivered for transport, which minimizes shifting and subsequent damage to your belongings. In addition, our storage units are equipped with corrugated cutouts specifically designed to secure straps, bungees and netted strapping to help you keep your belongings secure during transport and storage.
- Low to the ground: Our PACK-RAT units are designed to make packing, loading and unloading simple. There are no truck ramps to climb or wheel wells and cabs to pack around.
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee: We are so confident in our service that we have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee! Whether you need short- or long-term storage, we at PACK-RAT believe we will live up to your highest expectations.
read the full article