October 12, 2014
Portable Storage Units Vs Rental Trucks
The two most common methods do it yourself movers turn to are portable storage units and moving truck rentals. Both portable storage units and rental trucks require that you load and unload your belongings yourself. (However, if you do need a hand, 1-800-PACK-RAT can help!) But the similarities end there.
Portable storage units are a great alternative to moving truck rentals for many reasons. So, when you are comparing moving containers vs. rental trucks, be sure to keep these four things in mind:
1. When you choose portable storage units for your move, no driving is required. Unlike with a rental truck, you don’t have to worry about driving an unfamiliar vehicle (or figuring out what to do with your regular car). Leave the driving to us!
2. You have more time to load and unload your belongings when you rent portable storage units. You do not have to hurry to get everything done in a weekend or within the short truck rental contract periods. Your units will be delivered and picked up on dates you schedule. Take your time!
3. You have storage flexibility with portable storage units. If you need to temporarily store some or all of your belongings between your move-out and move-in dates, your units will be taken to a storage facility and stored exactly as you packed them. You do not have to unload everything only to have to load it all up again when you are ready to move in. And you do not have to rent a truck twice.
4. Loading and unloading portable storage units is extremely easy. They are square and low to the ground, which means you can just walk right in rather than going up and down a ramp. Plus, their square shape means you don’t have to pack around wheel wells and cab space.
read the full article
October 3, 2014
Why Use a Storage Unit for Your Move?
1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage units are the perfect way to complete a DIY move on a budget. Using our secure storage containers will help you save money during your local or cross-country move while freeing yourself from the stress and responsibility that comes along with renting a moving truck.
Check out our top four reasons why you should use 1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage unit for your next move:
- Security: Any time you use self-storage, security should be a top priority. Our moving containers’ steel construction and lockable doors deter thieves and vandals. Our storage buildings have 24/7 video surveillance and secure warehouse doors.
- Easy: Our storage units are low to the ground to make the moving and storage process as easy as possible. You will also find corrugated cut-outs specifically designed to secure straps, bungees and netted strapping to help you keep your belongings secure during transport and storage.
- Time: The rental time for our portable storage unit is much longer than the typical moving truck rental. This means you can move on your time and not on a truck rental company’s time.
- Stress-free: When you use a 1-800-PACK-RAT portable storage unit, we take on the responsibility of transporting your belongings where they need to go – giving you the time to take care of other important things during your move.
If you have any questions about our portable storage units and how the process works—give us a call at 1-800-PACK-RAT to speak with one of our moving experts.
read the full article
September 6, 2014
Portable Storage Units for Military Moving
When you are in the military, you become very good at moving. Most families make a permanent change of station (PCS) every 2 to 3 years, depending upon their branch of service and specialty. And storage and moving seem to go hand in hand with military moving.
If you take an overseas assignment, you may need to store furniture and other belongings that either might not survive a long trip or will not fit into your new living space. Taking a remote assignment is another common reason to use portable storage. Your maximum allowable weight limit for household goods may require that you store a great deal of belongings stateside. Regardless of the reason, portable storage units offer military families a convenient and stress-free solution for storage and moving.
You can utilize portable storage units for both your storage and moving needs if you are doing a DITY move or Personally Procured Move (PPM). Portable storage units allow you to save some money while still leaving the driving to someone else. Or, if the government is handling your move or you are using a full-service moving company for your actual move, you can utilize portable storage units for only the belongings you wish to put in storage.
1-800-PACK-RAT storage units are delivered to your curb, driveway or parking lot, and you can take your time loading your belongings. They are weatherproof, secure and easy to load and pack. Once you have loaded everything, 1-800-PACK-RAT will pick them up and transport them for you. Your portable storage units will be placed in the secure storage facility just as you packed them and can stay there as long as you need.
No matter how you handle your military move, if you need temporary storage, there is no better choice than using portable storage units. The convenience offered by portable storage units gives military families and individuals a stress-free solution at a time when there is enough stress in their lives.
Members of the military always receive a discount for their moving and storage needs. Get a free, online moving quote today.
read the full article