Halloween Tips for Adults and Kids
Adults and kids alike are eagerly awaiting this weekend. It's a time for fall festivals, trunk-or-treats, trick-or-treats, and costume parties. No matter what you're doing this weekend, safety should be a priority, and we've got a few tips to share.
- If using dry ice in a punch bowl, make sure that you use a large punch bowl and a smaller one that fits inside. The smaller one is for the punch, the larger one is to put the dry ice and hot water in. Keep them separate; dry ice is not for ingestion and can cause serious damage to internal organs if swallowed.
- For any party you are hosting during the holiday season, make sure that you store breakable pieces of furniture or knick-knacks where they can't get broken.
- When deciding on a menu, check and see if anyone attending the party has food allergies that might be a problem. Common food allergies to dairy products, peanuts and shell fish can really put a damper on the festivities.
The Center for Disease Control routinely issues a SAFE HALLOWEEN list of items to keep your family safety during the upcoming weekend. Here are just a few:
- Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent skin and eye irritation.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats unless you know the cook well.
PackRat Tips...Make Room for the Holidays
Relatives coming for Thanksgiving? Big New Year's Eve party planned? If so, you might want to consider how storage can make you and your guests' lives easier.
Extra party seating: Store sofas, chairs and tables in a 1-800-PACK-RAT unit leading up to the event. This gives you room to thoroughly clean and allows you the space to bring in party tables and chairs.
More sleeping area: Loads of family coming your way for Thanksgiving? Consider storing the regular beds and putting in multiple roll-aways, futons or other temporary bedding.
Creative uses for storage are all around, saving you time, money and stress. If you need inspiration, visit us on our blog or join us on Facebook. |
||October 28, 2010 |
The 1-800-PACK-RAT online communities offer you great tips, cool discounts and a lot of fun, too! Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or all of them. We look forward to talking with you soon.
What's Going on the 1-800-PACK-RAT Community this week?
On Facebook, we asked our over 4,000 friends - what are the toughest items to pack and we had some great answers:
~ Your friends if you move away
~ The kids
~ A safe
What's your answer?
Thanks to everyone who participates in our great online discussion communities. When it comes to moving and storing, nothing is too tough for 1-800-PACK-RAT, except maybe the friends and kids.
Where have you seen the PACK-RAT?
1-800-PACK-RAT's portable storage units in transit. Is your stuff in here?