Packing Tips: How to Pack Fragile Items
Packing fragile and sentimental items can be stressful if you are not sure how to keep them safe during your move. But don't worry — we have put together some tips on packing fragile items to help you get your belongings through your move intact.
- Don't skip packing materials! Good packing material for fragile items is one of the most forgotten items when it comes time to pack. When you pick up your boxes and moving tape, don’t forget to get the bubble wrap and packing pellets. You can even purchase specially made boxes for items like your delicate china and dishes.
- Start heavy! If you are filling a box with heavy, fragile pieces — place the heavier items in first. Just make sure they are sufficiently wrapped in packing materials. If there is still room in the box, you can place lighter objects on top.
- Fill it up! You never want to leave a lot of space in your box of fragile items. Fill it up as much as you can with items such as linens, t-shirts, and pillows to cushion your fragile pieces. This will ensure that your items will not move around, and will mean fewer boxes overall.
- Label it! Don't be shy with those sharpies! You should always label your boxes of fragile items. List the items that are in the box and which room they will go in when you reach your destination.
- Move smoothly! 1-800-PACK-RAT’s unique lift system keeps your moving container level when being picked up and delivered. Corrugated cut-outs in the container allow you to use straps, bungee cords and netting for extra security.