Moving is never easy. It disrupts the routines of your family and can be incredibly draining both physically and mentally. There are some things you can do when planning a move with a household moving company to help minimize the disruption to your family and lower the stress level.
1. Get estimates 2 to 3 months prior to your desired moving date. This will give you time to compare and do some background research, so you choose the best and most reputable household moving company for you.
2. Secure a contract with a household moving company 6 to 8 weeks prior to your moving date.
3. Draft a moving checklist to help you stay on track and not procrastinate.
4. Donate or hold a yard sale for the items you no longer need. You will save time and money having a lighter load.
5. Come up with a strategy for how you plan to pack and communicate that with your family. It is extremely helpful for everyone to know which rooms or items you plan to pack and when.
6. Get boxes and packing materials and start to pack as soon as possible. It is never too early to start with non essential items.
7. Take digital photos or video of all your belongings before you start packing, in case anything is lost or damaged.
8. Label every box with the contents and the room in which it belongs. This helps you keep track of things while both packing and unpacking. It will allow your household moving company to be more efficient when unloading the truck too.
9. Number boxes and keep an inventory list as they are loaded onto the truck by the household moving company. This will help you easily identify any missing boxes or items when things are unloaded.