Tackle Your Garage and Show It Who's Boss
With spring officially here, it's time to start spring cleaning! But where to start? If you are like most people (and us!) you likely have a messy garage. Now is the perfect time to get that cleaned up. Wouldn't it be nice to have an organized garage space during our many spring showers. To get started, check out our helpful organization tips and have your garage cleaned up in no time:
- Set a timeline: Check your schedule and create a timeline in which you hope to get your garage organized. Make sure you have enough time to begin with. You don’t want to start a project cleaning the garage if you don't have time to finish.
- Recruit help: If your garage is in complete disarray, you may want to recruit your family members and even some close friends. Order some pizza, put on some good music and you will have your garage organized in no time!
- Start with a blank slate: Use a portable storage unit to get everything out of the garage so you can work at your own pace to sort and organize. When you are ready to get started with your project, 1-800-PACK-RAT will deliver your unit right to your door!
- Get rid of what you can: Chances are you are not using a lot of the stuff you are storing in your garage. Take this opportunity to donate or sell unwanted items to make room for other things – like your car!
- Plan the space: Take inventory of the remaining items that will be going back into the garage. Make a plan for where you want everything to go. Take advantage of the vertical space by installing sturdy garage shelves for storage or peg board to keep your garage organized and use the space more efficiently.
- Bring it in: After you have a plan, start moving everything back in. You don't want to have to do this again anytime soon, so organize as you go along and label everything! When you are all done, give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!